Author's Note: This is a response to the two poems "Big Yellow Taxi" and "Field Below". In this piece I explain the author's purposes, the meanings, the moods and the tones of the poems.
"Big Yellow Taxi" was a very well thought out poem. I think the meaning and the author's purpose of this poem was informing people that man kind was taking over nature. I think the author was trying to say nature is going to go away if everyone else is building new man- made things. The mood of this poem was sad and depressed. The mood was also "wanting something I can't have". The tone of this poem would be sympathetic because the author is trying to make the reader feel bad for them.
The mood and tone in the poem is way different in the music. When I read the poem I thought it was sad and depressed but the music expressed it as happy. I thought that was a totally incorrect way to incorporate the poem into music. But, I guess it shows us poems can be expressed in different ways to different people.
"Field Below" was a sad poem to read. I think the author's purpose was to get to the reader to feel bad for them ;that the author couldn't get what they wanted. The meaning of this poem was that the author wanted to see the country more. It seemed like the author was living in a big city like Chicago and longed for someone out in the country. She wanted that someone or something so bad she was horrible without it. I also think this relates to the mood of this poem. The mood of this poem was an aching emotion. The author felt greedy and needy for something. The tone of this poem was sympathetic like "Big Yellow Taxi". The author wanted the reader to feel bad for them. The author wanted the reader to thrive on the words and be sorry for the author.
The mood and tone in the music is slightly different than what I thought it would be. I thought it would be more sad and depressing. It was a little too much needing. I felt that this was not needed and could of done much better. It was although, a very good poem to read.
No comments:
Post a Comment