Author's Note: This is a short response piece about the poem, "Mother to Sun" by Langston Hughes. It will help me get a advanced score in word choice and context.
The poem, "Mother to Sun" was a very inspiring poem.When I first read it, I felt the author was a strong one and that I was motivated. That was basically the mood of the story. The tone of the story was similar. I felt the mood was encouraging. It was kind of a "Never give up" type of tone, which added effect to the poem. Another concept that added effect in the poem was the figurative language in this poem. There was a line in the poem that really moved me. The line was "Life for me ain't been no crystal stair." This was obviously a great metaphor. It expressed the message of the poem. The message was never give up. Even if your life seems tough and hard don't give up on it. Also, the quote seems like it is saying "My life is hard but I get through it". It sends a strong message to the readers. Also, another type of figurative language is personification. They were a few lines in the poem that showed this.
Life for me ain't been no crystal stair.
It's had tacks in it,
And splinters,
And boards torn up,
This is personification. The author of the poem is saying there life has tacks, splinters, and boards torn up in their life. Though, that can't really happen so it's personification. Also, it adds effects to poem. Inside of saying "my life is so bad" it they said my life has tacks, splinters, etc. The poem is way more interesting with figurative language in it!
Very well written, nice job!
ReplyDelete