Monday, October 24, 2011

The New Girl in Town

This is a letter from a character to another character in the series that I am currently reading. Claire is frustrated with Massie for treating her differently at different occasions. Claire has written this letter to show Massie what it feels like.

Dear Massie,

          I am writing this letter to you because I think a letter is much more heart- warming than an IM or a text message. Now Massie, I want you to imagine yourself moving to a whole new state and having no friends at all. You move into this really fastidious girl’s guesthouse – or so you think. The girl is so rude, you can’t even believe it! A couple a months later, you guys are best friends even though she still sometimes treats you like dirt. This is exactly how I feel. You’re treating me like a sister at one time, but then you treat me so bad I just want to cry. This has been going on for far too long, and it has to stop.
               First of all Massie, you need to choose what type of person you are going to be towards me. Either you treat me like a best friend or don’t, because truthfully right now I don’t care. I am very unhappy about how you have been treating me lately. When you treat me like a best friend, I feel like I can fly. But when you treat me like yesterday’s meatloaf, it’s like you hate me. For example, when I get anxious about a test we have coming up in school you say that I’m stupid and then I feel bad. But when no one else in the Pretty Comminute knows secrets that I do, like you’re eating problem. I feel special knowing things that no one else does. I’m so confused what to do!
            You must be thinking to yourself, “UGH! Is she done yet?” Well, that answer is no. I feel like our friendship is so important we shouldn’t lose it. We have become so close since I moved in and I can’t imagine losing you. However, I think you need to work on some things. For example you could try being nice to everyone; even the LBRs (Loser Beyond Repair). Also, you could try not saying such nasty things. Instead of insults, try giving out compliments. Compliment your friend about how pretty their shirt is rather than insulting their jeans about how loose there are. In addition, the truth is, if you keep being mean to everyone, you won’t have any friends left. Remember what happened when the Pretty Committee went against you? How did you feel? Not very good I bet! So, next time you want to say a mean thing to someone think before you say it. Is it really worth it?
         In conclusion, I know this was somewhat of a harsh letter but someone needs to stand up to you and say all these things. Alicia, Dylan, and Kristen probably all feel the same way. There just all too scared of you to tell you. Also, I don’t want this letter to become between us so please don’t let it. I am so glad were friends and hopefully we will get to be better friends. I really hope you take this letter in consideration.

Sincerely,
Claire (with the Keds)

No comments:

Post a Comment